Michael J . Parrish, Jr.
Michael J. Parrish, Jr. is a shareholder in Spence Custer. Mike’s primary area of practice since joining the firm in 1995 is civil litigation. His practice includes insurance defense and personal injury matters, as well as employment law and commercial litigation. As a component of that litigation practice, Mike provides risk analysis and counseling on a variety of subjects. Mike has extensive experience assisting a diverse mix of clients from individuals to charitable foundations, as well as insurance companies and commercial and industrial corporations and has successfully represented their interests before Federal and State Courts, Administrative bodies and Governmental agencies.
- Erie Insurance Exchange vs. Emilee Lowry, a minor, by and through her Parents and Natural Guardians, David Lowry and Tina Yoder, No. 569 WDA 2007 (Pa. Super. 2008) Obtained a reversal of the Trial Court by the Pennsylvania Superior Court and a determination that the “regularly used, non-owned vehicle exclusion” contained within an Erie Insurance Policy was invalid and inapplicable to an unlicensed, minor passenger.
- Pollution Exclusion Bars Coverage for Injury from Exposure to “Useful Product,” Lawyers Journal, Vol. 1, No. 13 (September 24, 1999)
- Stolen Product Advertisement Not Covered Under Standard Commercial General Liability Policies, Lawyers Journal, Vol. 1, No. 19 (December 17, 1999)
- 1995 to Present: Spence, Custer, Saylor, Wolfe & Rose, LLC
- 1994 to 1995: Law Clerk to the Honorable Norman A. Krumenacker, III in the Court of Common Pleas of Cambria County, Pennsylvania
- 1994 – University of Pittsburgh School of Law
- 1991 – The Pennsylvania State University
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Cambria County Bar Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania and American Bar Associations
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America
Interest and Activities:
- Greater Johnstown Area YMCA Board of Directors – 2002 to 2008
- Greater Johnstown Area YMCA President – 2006 to 2008
- Johnstown Area Heritage Association Board of Directors – 2011 to present
- Johnstown Area Heritage Association Executive Committee – 2011 to present
- Cambria County Bar Association – Board of Managers